The Valve Selection Method is based on some basic criteria.
1. Determine the Application Criteria
- Two-way, equal % or modified linear.
- Three-way, mixing or diverting.
- Fluid Media (Oil,Gas,Chemicals,Edible product,syrups,Hot water, steam,etc.)
- Output Pressure required.
- Material of Construction based on flowing media and temperature.
- Existing piping or tubing size.
2. Determine the Valve Control Form Required
3. Determine the Required Cv
In case of only flow Rate availability ,Cv calculation is required.
If the size of the valve is predetermined,then Cv caculation is not required.
Paramenters for Cv Calculaions:
- Fluid flow rate in GPM (liquid) or Fluid flow rate in lbs./hr (steam)